The Green Bay Packers and Cincinnati Bengals will kick off the 2023 NFL preseason on Friday night at Paycor Stadium. Both teams are coming off disappointing seasons, but they will be looking to make a statement in the preseason.
Here are five things to watch for in Packers vs. Bengals:
- The Jordan Love era begins: Aaron Rodgers is not playing in the preseason, so it will be Jordan Love’s first chance to show what he can do as the Packers’ starting quarterback. Love has a lot of potential, but he needs to prove that he can be a reliable starter in the NFL.
- Joe Burrow’s return: Joe Burrow is also coming back from an injury, but he is expected to play in the preseason. Burrow is one of the most exciting quarterbacks in the NFL, and he will be looking to build off his strong rookie season.
- The Packers’ defense: The Packers’ defense was a major liability last season, but they have made some big offseason moves to address their problems. The Packers added Davante Adams, Rasul Douglas, and Jarran Reed in free agency, and they drafted Quay Walker and Devonte Wyatt in the first round of the NFL Draft.
- The Bengals’ offense: The Bengals’ offense was one of the best in the NFL last season, but they lost some key players in free agency. The Bengals will need to replace wide receiver Tee Higgins and offensive tackle Jonah Williams, and they will also need to get Joe Mixon healthy.
- The rivalry: The Packers and Bengals have a long history of rivalry, and they have met in the playoffs three times in the past decade. This game will be a good measuring stick for both teams, and it will be interesting to see how they match up.
The Packers and Bengals are both hoping to bounce back from disappointing seasons in 2022. This preseason game will be a good opportunity for both teams to get a win and build some momentum for the regular season.