Rapper Fat Joe has lost an incredible 200 pounds over the past few years, and he’s opening up about how he did it. In a recent interview with Men’s Health, Joe revealed that he was diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 12, and his weight has fluctuated ever since. However, after the death of his friend and collaborator Big Pun in 2000, Joe’s weight spiraled out of control. He reached his heaviest weight of 470 pounds in 2002, and he was struggling with depression.
“I was in a dark place,” Joe said. “I was just eating and eating and eating. I was depressed. I didn’t want to do anything.”
However, Joe knew that he had to make a change. He started by making small changes to his diet, such as cutting out soda and processed foods. He also started exercising more, even if it was just going for a walk around the block.
“It was hard at first,” Joe said. “But I just kept at it. And slowly but surely, the weight started to come off.”
Over the years, Joe has lost a total of 200 pounds. He is now down to 270 pounds, and he feels better than ever. He is no longer diabetic, and he is no longer depressed.
“I feel like a new man,” Joe said. “I have so much more energy, and I’m just so much happier.”
Joe credits his weight loss to a combination of diet, exercise, and therapy. He also says that he has learned to manage his stress better.
“I’m not saying it’s easy,” Joe said. “But it’s definitely possible. If I can do it, anyone can.”
If you’re looking to lose weight, Joe has some advice for you.
- Start small. Don’t try to do too much too soon. Just make small changes to your diet and exercise routine, and gradually increase the intensity over time.
- Be patient. It takes time to lose weight, so don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results immediately. Just keep at it, and you will eventually reach your goals.
- Find a support system. Having friends or family members who are also trying to lose weight can help you stay motivated.
Joe’s story is an inspiration to anyone who is struggling with their weight. If he can do it, so can you.
Here are some additional tips that Fat Joe shared in his interview with Men’s Health:
- Learn about the science of food. “Your body’s just a computer,” Joe said. “It reads stuff you eat in different ways.”
- Find a diet that works for you. There is no one-size-fits-all diet, so experiment until you find something that you can stick with.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you’re struggling, talk to a doctor or a registered dietitian.
Losing weight is not easy, but it is possible. With hard work and dedication, you can achieve your goals.