Chelsea and Liverpool played out a thrilling 1-1 draw in their pre-season friendly at Stamford Bridge on Sunday. The two teams played some excellent attacking football, with both sides creating chances.
- Axel Disasi: The young defender was excellent on his debut, making a number of important tackles and clearances. He also scored the equalizing goal for Chelsea. * * *
- Reece James: The wing-back was a constant threat down the right flank, providing several dangerous crosses. He also had a good chance to score himself, but his shot was saved by Alisson Becker.
- Enzo Fernandez: The Argentine midfielder was the best player on the pitch for Chelsea. He dictated the tempo of the game and was always available to receive the ball. He also created a number of chances for his teammates.
- Nicolas Jackson: The striker had a mixed debut. He missed a number of good chances, but he also showed some good movement and link-up play.
Recommended:-Bears Win Thriller Over Titans
- Luis Diaz: The Colombian winger was a constant threat to Chelsea’s defense. He scored Liverpool’s opening goal and was a nuisance all afternoon.
- Mohamed Salah: The Egyptian forward was also lively for Liverpool. He had a number of chances to score, but he was denied by a combination of good goalkeeping and poor finishing.
- Trent Alexander-Arnold: The right-back was caught out for Chelsea’s equalizing goal, but he was otherwise solid defensively. He also provided a number of dangerous crosses from the right flank.
- Virgil van Dijk: The Dutch defender was his usual reliable self at the back. He made a number of important clearances and interceptions.
Overall, it was a very entertaining game between two of the best teams in Europe. Chelsea and Liverpool will be hoping to build on this performance when they start their respective Premier League campaigns next month.