The San Francisco 49ers kicked off their 2023 preseason on Saturday night with a 23-17 victory over the Las Vegas Raiders. The game was close throughout, but the 49ers pulled away in the fourth quarter to secure the win.
Here are six takeaways from the game:
- Trey Lance looked sharp in his first preseason action. The rookie quarterback completed 15 of 22 passes for 192 yards and a touchdown. He also showed off his mobility, scrambling for 24 yards on two carries.
- The 49ers’ defense was dominant. They forced four turnovers, including two interceptions by Nick Bosa. The Raiders were held to just 299 total yards.
- Brandon Aiyuk had a big game. The wide receiver caught six passes for 94 yards and a touchdown. He also had a 31-yard punt return.
- Elijah Mitchell looked healthy. The running back carried the ball 12 times for 55 yards. He also caught two passes for 14 yards.
- The 49ers’ offensive line held up well. They didn’t allow any sacks and gave Lance plenty of time to throw.
- The 49ers won the turnover battle. They forced four turnovers and didn’t commit any. That was a big difference in the game.
Recommended:-Bears Win Thriller Over Titans
Overall, it was a positive start to the preseason for the 49ers. Lance looked good in his first action, the defense was dominant, and the offense was productive. There are still some things to work on, but the 49ers are in a good position heading into the regular season.